Veda chanting – a comprehensive initiation
With blessings from my family and teachers, I bring you this course on the principles of Vedic Chanting for beginners. You will learn all the important rules of Vedic phonetics. Starting with a thorough introduction to the Sanskrit syllables to a comprehensive look into all of the other nuances you need to know to excel in the practice of Veda chanting. This course is therefore recommended as a pre-requisite to any intermediate level course and will serve as a reference resource throughout your study in the future.
Through structured audio, video & text lessons, by the end of the course you will:
- You will first start with a very high level overview of the Vedas and understand some basic concepts from the Vedas such as mantra, ṛṣi, sūktam, chandas, yajña etc.
- You will then study the Sanskrit syllables and practice their pronunciation with examples.
- This is followed by a listing of the Veda chanting rules with examples and some exercises to understand them.
- You will learn the following mantras with Vedic phonetics and meaning in this course:
- Mahāmṛtyuñjaya mantra – the great death conquering mantra
- Āśīrvāda mantra – mantra for blessings
- Śaṃ no mitraḥ – mantra for peace
- Pūrṇamadaḥ – mantra for peace
This course will serve as an important reference guide for you, that you can keep coming back to if you need to check any specific rules. This course is recommended before studying any of our intermediate level courses.