Terms and Conditions
These “Terms & Conditions” apply to the sale of any Online Course, Online Course Content or Webinar. Please read these terms carefully before purchasing an Online Course and print off a copy for your records. The Terms & Conditions may also be referred to as “Online Terms”. By ordering an Online Course, you are confirming your agreement to be bound by the Online Terms.
We may revise and update these Online Terms at our sole discretion and will post any updates to the OnlineTerms on the Site. Your continued use of our Site or System, or any other service provided through the Site or System, means that you accept and agree to the modified terms.
1. Online course provider
- The Online Courses are provided by Veda Studies (hereinafter referred to as “Veda Studies” “we” or “us”), registered in the name of Shantala Sriramaiah (independent status), VAT number: BE 0833.200.801; registered address: 37 Rue du Lac, Brussels 1000.
- Our course platform mainly provided self-paced online courses. We may also provide webinar-based courses from time to time
- “you” means the individual purchasing the Online Course, also referred to as ‘Student’ in these terms & conditions.
3. Registration & Payments
- All online courses are offered on a non-credit basis. As these courses are open to the general public, there are no prerequisites; however, students must be at least 18 years of age to register.
- After students have registered and paid the full course fee online, they will receive an e-mail acknowledging that Veda Studies has received and accepted the registration. Submission of registration along with full course payment constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All course fees are billed in Euros, and students’ financial institutions may charge a fee for conversion to local currency. Payment may be made by PayPal, MasterCard, or Visa.
- Strictly no refunds are provided for any of our self-paced online courses.
5. Course Content
- Veda Studies will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the course as outlined on the website. However we reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to the content and syllabus of a course when necessary.
- We continuously update and improve all existing courses. Therefore, the audio, video, text and all other lessons may be replaced from time to time with the intent to provide better content. You will have access to such changes free of charge only to the extent that such changes relate to the Online Course purchased by you.
- Purchase of a current Online Course does not entitle you to have access to future revised and new Online Courses as part of the original purchase.
- The discussion areas of courses are administered by your course instructor, therefore the response time may range from a few days to a week or more. During weekends and holidays, there will be limited responses.
- Discussion areas may be closed in courses from time to time.
6. Access terms
- Our self-paced online courses usually provide unlimited access unless specified otherwise.
- The receipt of an Online Course is personal to you. You may not share or transfer your rights to access the Online Course or provide an Online Course to any other person.
- We reserve the right to using technology on our course platform to monitor IP addresses that are used to access the Course Materials and, if a student is found to be in contravention of the access terms, we may terminate a student’s access to the Online Course and the Course Material. In such circumstances, no refund will be given.
7. Technical Support and Access
- If you are unable to access an Online Course, Veda Studies will use reasonable endeavours to provide a solution where Veda Studies has direct control over the system, software or settings involved. If the issue lies with your hardware, systems, software or settings thereof, Veda Studies may, in its discretion, provide assistance to you to help you resolve the issue but we cannot guarantee that any assistance provided will resolve your issue.
- You accept and acknowledge that periods of downtime may be required in respect of the information technology infrastructure connected to the Website and that technical assistance may not be available during such periods of downtime. Further you accept that you will not have a claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of such period of unavailability.
- Veda Studies will use reasonable endeavors to make the Online Course available but cannot guarantee uninterrupted, timely or error free availability or that defects will be corrected. Veda Studies reserves the right to suspend access to the Website for the purpose of scheduled or emergency maintenance, repairs or upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the Website.
- You also accept and acknowledge that Veda Studies cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your access to the Online Course as a result of such suspension or any of the following:
(a) the operation of the internet and the world wide web, including but not limited to viruses;
(b) any firewall restrictions that have been placed on your network or the computer you are using to access the Online Course;
(c) failures of telecommunications links and equipment; or
(d) updated browser issues.
- Veda Studies will provide the Course Materials in accordance with the Online Course description, which is set out on the Website and/or in any relevant Brochure.
- Veda Studies expects you to take reasonable care to verify that the Online Course and Course Materials in question will meet your needs. Veda Studies does not make any commitment to you that you will obtain any particular result from your use of the Online Course or that you will obtain any particular qualification on completion of the Online Course (unless otherwise stated on the Website and/or in any relevant course description).
- Veda Studies does not make any representation, guarantee or commitment to you that the Online Course or Course Materials will be error free.
Veda Studies does not make any commitment that the Online Course or Course Materials will be compatible with or operate with your software or hardware.
- The Online Courses are for learning purposes only. Veda Studies will not accept any responsibility to any party for the use of the Online Course or Course Materials for any purpose other than educational purposes, including but not limited to, the giving of advice by you to any third party.
10. Intellectual Property
- At all times, Veda Studies and/or its licensors, remain the owner of the intellectual property in the Online Courses and the Course Materials. Other than as specified below, no Online Course and/or Course Materials, nor any part of it may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Veda Studies.
- In consideration of receipt by Veda Studies of the entire Course Fee, Veda Studies grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Online Course and use the Course Materials content for the sole purpose of studying for the Online Course. For Online Study Materials, the license granted is to use the Online Study Materials by an individual student only.
- Save as expressly set out in the Online Terms and Conditions, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit, make available, disseminate or distribute in any way the Online Course or any of the Course Materials. You may not modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, recompile or reverse engineer any software forming part of the Online Study Materials or create derivative works based on the whole of or any part, or which incorporate, the Online Study Materials into any software program. Access to the Online Course and use of the Course Materials not expressly permitted in the Online Terms is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of either Veda Studies’s copyright or Veda Studies’s other intellectual property rights, and/or the copyright or other intellectual property rights of Veda Studies’s licensors.
11. User Content on the System
To the extent portions of the Online Course allow you to comment or otherwise post regarding content on the Online Course (“User Content”), you may not post User Content that:
- Violates any copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, rights in know-how, privacy or publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or other rights of any individual or legal entity;
- Is harmful; hateful; threatening; abusive; harassing; defamatory or libellous; sexually explicit, vulgar, lewd, obscene; racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable or offensive; inappropriate; or inflammatory;
- You know (or reasonably should know) is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains information that could be used for identity theft purposes, such as national or social security numbers, credit card, bank account, or other financial information, driver’s license numbers, security codes, or passwords;
- Links to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which you do not have a right to link or that violates these restrictions; or
- Violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
12. Use of this Website
By using this website, you are deemed to have agreed to and acknowledged the following:
- Veda Studies is the brand name of the online courses developed and instructed by Shantala Sriramaiah (Independent Status) registered at 37 Rue du Lac, Brussels 1000.
- You will only use the site for lawful purposes and will not do so in any way which may adversely impact on the operation of the site or its use by others.
- Unless we agree otherwise in advance and in writing, you may not download or reproduce content from the site other than for your personal and non-commercial use, which may include reasonable use on social media on the strict conditions that (a) you acknowledge the site as the source of the content in question; (b) do not edit or amend that content; and ( c) do not in the course of such use make any defamatory comment about the content or its source.
- The contents of the site are the copyright either of us or of the author of individual items of content and, save as permitted by these terms and conditions, you will not act in any way which breaches that copyright.
- We make no warranty that the site or its contents (including any material available for downloading or any other websites to which the site links) are secure or are free from infection, viruses, or other contamination.
- We use third party providers for our online bookings and to process on line payments and are not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of any act or omission on the part of either of those third party providers, or as a result of their websites or systems being infected or contaminated.
- We may from time to time suspend access to all or any part of the site without notice for technical or maintenance reasons and will not be liable if for any reason the site is not available for use or has restricted use (including any failure of our on-line booking and/or online payment services provider).
- You will keep confidential any user names, passwords or other personal identification information which you have chosen or which we have provided to you to enable you to book onto a course or webinar, or to permit access to any part of the site, and we shall not be responsible for the security of any such personal identification information or its use by a third party.
- The information contained on the site is for general information purposes only and should not be treated as any form of professional advice; we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from accessing or relying on information contained on the site, or in any material downloadable from the site, or on any other website to which the site links.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information which you provide to us, but cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose online; by using the site you accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless caused by our negligence.
- During the course of any visit to the site, we use small files which are stored on your hard drive by our browser (“cookies”) to monitor your use of the site; once you have closed your browser, we do not use the information these cookies collect.
- We may change our terms and conditions and policies from time to time and will publish those changed terms and conditions on the site but have no responsibility to provide you with any other notice of such changes.