Narasiṃha is the fourth incarnation of Lord Viṣṇu in the Daśāvatāra (10 incarnations), the unmistakable and fierce (ugra) manifestation as part lion & part man. The story of Prahlāda, the slaying of Hiraṇyakaśipu and restoration of dharma is the context behind this powerful “kavacam” – a genre of prayer that effectuates an armour to shield the devotee from harm and negative forces.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the Narasiṃha Kavacam – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation. This means, a simple, non-singing method of “chanting”.
- Understand the context of this prayer and story of Prahlāda & Hiraṇyakaśipu.
- Offer your sādhana during on the auspicious occasion of Narasiṃha Jayanti each year.
- Additional practice suggestions for those who wish to practice more frequently will be offered.
- This course offers a deeper understanding to those who have been prescribed to chant the Narasiṃha kavacam as an astrological remedy as there is a full explanation of the verses.